The Rumble is presented by:
Blue Water Ropes
Chimney Rock Management
Sponsorship opportunities are available, connect with hundreds of climbers at one of the first opportunities in 2018. Contact Will Goodson ([email protected]) for sponsorship information
Sign up for the full Southeast experience for a discount on 3 comps - the Rumble (2/17), Float the Boat (2/24) and the Hospital Boulders (3/17) or just sign up for the Rumble, but sign up early!
REGISTRATION IS $40 BEFORE 11:59 PM 2/10//2018 ($15 FOR THE KIDS COMP) AND $45 ($20 KIDS COMP) AFTER 11:59 PM 2/10/2018 AND INCLUDES:
- Limited edition stainless steel pint glass
- Shuttle to and from the boulders
- after party on Saturday night
- give-aways from the stage
- more! more! more!
Current Tentative Schedule:
- 5-8 PM registration open at Lake Lure Community Center for packet pick up and sign up if spots remain. Free camping area in scenic downtown Lake Lure open.
- 7 - 8 AM registration open for packet pick up and sign up if spots remain
- 8 - 9:30 AM buses load for shuttle to the comp area
- 9:30 - 10 AM competitor's meeting at the staging area at the Rumbling Bald parking lot
- 10 AM - 4 PM comp
- 6 PM dinner and after party
The Rumbling Bald parking lot will be closed to everyone except for authorized persons on the day of the comp. You MUST ride the shuttle. Shuttle buses will run throughout the day. Scorecards not turned in by 4 PM will not be counted. You will need to leave the boulderfield when the comp ends unless you like really long walks back to town.
- Trail day at Chimney Rock State Park.
We need help to organize and run the comp. If you're interested, please email Will Goodson at [email protected]
Lake Lure, NC 28746