You're stuck at home, I am stuck at home, we are all stuck at home. We created this landing page for the climbing-need in you. Several of our partnering gyms have created inventive and downright incredible ways for climbers to stay fit and stay engaged in the climbing community right from your own home. Although we love climbing outside, we all know that now is not the best time to visit climbing areas.
Here are some great indoor options for fitness and engagement from climbing gyms or business partners we know and love:
- Triangle Rock Club in Morrisville has produced a number of. Scroll through their previous day's videos or partake in the next live one right here: Facebook Live video workouts.
- Climbmax Climbing in Asheville has produced a number of workouts and tech tips, including this hang board lesson. Subscribe to their YouTube station for more.
- Inner Peaks in Charlotte has produced a number of Zoom- based virtual yoga classes. Stay tuned on their instagram and facebook pages.
- Climb @ Blue Ridge out of Taylors, SC and Inner Peaks shared this petition to allow climbing gyms to apply for emergency stimulus funding to pay employees during this difficult time. Read it. Sign it.
- Black Dome Mountain Sports in Asheville are offering great discounts on gift cards if you call in to purchase the card. 828-251-2001
- Mast General Store is giving back to the community through their Gift Cards for Good, donating 20% of gift card purchases to local food banks. Gift cards can be used online or curbside pick up stores.
- We were virtually live on Fri 3/27 on Triangle Rock Club Facebook Live. You can watch the meeting on the Paul's Garage channel. Paul's Garage series will continue each Friday. SUbscribe and visit!
- NC Outdoor Adventures has this great video on Facebook for tips on outdoor climbing in your backyard.
- REI has closed their stores temporarily BUT you can order with free shipping on line. They have also continued their grant program through this crisis. Thank you REI!
- Carolina climbing history buffs: don't miss the great assortment of films at the Carolina Climbing Museum.