YOU are invited to participate in the 2020 SC Climbers Festival, sponsored by Fox Mountain Guides!
Since last year, the CCC has been working to establish new climber access at the Pumpkintown Wall inside Table Rock State Park, SC, ancestral lands of the Tsalaguwetiyi (Cherokee, East) and S' atsoyaha (Yuchi).
The 2 mile access trail is now complete, the routes are great, and now it is time to celebrate!
Registration Link, CLICK HERE
Digital benefits for registrants who registered before Oct 23:
- By Nov 5th, you will be emailed a PDF of the first ever mini climbers guide to Pumpkintown
- By Nov 5th, you will be emailed a PDF of Big Rock Select Boulders, a full color PDF guide by Adam Johnson
- Pumpkintown T-Shirt with fantastic new logo by artist Hank St. John, shipped Nov. 2nd. Note: if you did not register by Oct 23rd, you will not recieve this benefit.
- 1 free raffle ticket to digital raffle with thousands of dollars worth of prizes. Winners announced via email
- Access to purchase more raffle tickets for our digital raffle. Winners announced via email and social media. Items shipped Nov. 2nd
- Knowledge that you are supporting access and stewardship of climbing areas like Pumpkintown!
In-person benefits: come on out Nov. 7 for the ribbon cutting. Registration required and limited:
- You will recieve all of the digital benefits above
- Nov. 7: Ribbon Cutting: Meet at the White Oaks Pavilion at 9:00AM for a ribbon cutting of the brand new Pumpkintown Trail! Some prizes will be given away thanks to our SC Fest Sponsors! Mask and registration required. Many Pumpkintown climbers will be at the wall to give climbing beta as well. Note: this will be the only in-person aspect to the festival that the CCC will be organizing.
- Nov. 8: Many Pumpkintown climbers will be at the Pumpkintown wall to give climbing beta as well. This is not an organized aspect of the event, but certainly a benefit to first time PTown climbers.
- There will not be tabling or any "in-person festival center" to this event, other than the in-person ribbon cutting.
- Camping: Check the Table Rock State Park website for camping reservations. Reserve on your own. Also, the CCC has booked the "Owl Tree" back country site within TRSP on Nov. 7. It is a half mile walk from the TRSP visitor center to the campsite. RSVP to email@example.com if you wish to stay at the Owl Tree Backcountry site.
Clinics and Climbing Courses, offered at various times and locations:
- Fox Mountain Guides, 2 Day Climbing Course and date of your choice. Attendee will be selected by CCC raffle. You can enter the raffle simply by donating any amount to Buckeye Knob between now and Nov 2. Notifications will be made via email Nov 2.
- Fox Mountain Guides, Scholarship Application for under represented communities for a 2 day climbing course. Recipient choses date and course type. Due Oct 15.
- Oct 18: Climbing Movement, Lowering, and Rappeling Clinic by American Alpine Club Boone Chapter and Rock Dimensions at Rock Dimensions and Holloway Mountain. Register for the AAC clinic Here.
- Nov. 7: American Alpine Club Atlanta Chapter will be hosting an Anchors Systems Clinic at Pumpkintown or Big Rock, SC. Register here. Prior registration to the SC Climbers Festival not required.
Thank you sponsors:
Title: Fox Mountain Guides
Gold: BlueWater Ropes, Metolius, AAC Boone and Atlanta Chapters
Silver: La Sportiva, The Riveter
Bronze: Climbmax Climbing, Scarpa, Butora, Ground Up Publishing, Trango Climbing, eGrips, Black Dome Mountain Sports, Misty Mountain Threadworks