Annual membership is a way to show your support for the CCC, support for the climbing areas you enjoy, and play a role in the leadership of the climbing community. Membership dollars are one of the primary ways to generate funds towards purchasing land and CCC member funds have been directly responsible for:
- the purchase of Laurel Knob
- the re-opening and lease of the Asheboro boulders
- the purchase of a significant portion of the West side boulders at Rumbling Bald
- the purchase of portion of the cliff at Hidden Valley in Virginia
- re-opening and leasing Sauratown
- purchasing and protecting Buckeye Knob and the Barn Boulders
- opening of various lands to climbing since 1995. In just the past few years, we have opened Eagle Rock, Gerton Ice, Melrose Mountain, Big Rock, Table Rock SC, Pumpkintown, White House Cliffs, and much more!
- stewardship projects including trail building and maintenance, bolt replacement, graffiti removal, parking infastructure, and more!
Your annual membership also grants you these tangible benefits. You must re-new every year to recieve the benefits:
- Access to the Asheboro boulders -you must be a CCC member to enter the boulderfield
- 10% discount on all purchases at Black Dome Mountain Sports in Asheville
- 10% off at Bigfoot Climbing Gym in Morganton, NC
- 10% discount on membership, classes and day passes at Climb Upstate in Spartanburg, SC
- 10% discount at Second Gear in Asheville
- 10%-15% off Hyland Cabins; a VERY quick walk to Laurel Knob! Rental info here. Tell them you are a CCC member before booking for your discount!
- 15% discount at Backcountry (see details here)
- Free PDF guides to Sauratown, Table Rock SC and Little Bearwallow Falls (look under "Climbing Areas" on our website)
- Knowing that you are supporting proven, effective, climber-focused work
Without donations we receive or memberships we gain, it would be impossible for the CCC to pursue keeping climbing areas open for future generations. You can join on-line with a credit card or at the "Join the CCC" link in the menu. Plus, you'll climb better knowing that you've done something to support protecting, preserving and expanding climbing opportunities in the Carolinas!
If you would rather join or donate using a check or money order, our mailing address is:
Carolina Climbers Coalition
13 Goldview Dr
Asheville, NC 28804