Annual Meeting 2009
Friday October 2nd, the CCC held its 14th annual public board meeting at the kickoff event for the 7th Triple Crown Bouldering Competition. A big thank you goes out to Jim Horton, Chad Wykle and the Triple Crown Bouldering Competition for providing us with such a nice venue to host our public meeting. We also appreciate all those who came and provided us with input.
The highlights of the meeting were:
- Treasury Report (which was good): we have $10,115.36 in the bank, $9,581.97 in expenses, and $12,595.07 in income.
- Membership: we have close to 300 members currently (we appreciate your generous support)
- Fund-raising: we started a new corporate affiliates program and have received wonderful support and sustaining sponsoorship from a number of companies at a number of different levels, and since April of 2009 we have had 10 fund-raising events that have helped to generate $2,590.00 in contributions to the CCC. We are producing a 2010 calendar, look for it in your retailer before Thanksgiving.
- Area Reports from the Northern and Southern Mountains, the Northern and Southern Piedmont and South Carolina. Instead of listing all this info here, it will be listed in the area reports sections of this website.
Finally, we held officer elections. Officers that were elected or re-elected were:
- Shane Messer - At-Large Member (new)
- Ron Funderburke - At-Large Member (re-elect)
- Southern Piedmont Representitive- Tim Fisher (re-elect, new position)
- Southern Mountains Representitive - Phil Hoffman (new)
- Northern Mountains Represnetitive - Jessa Goebel (new)
- Treasurer - Karen Staman (re-elect)
- Secretary - Scott Gilliam (re-elect, new position)
- President - Anthony Love (re-elect)
We still need to elect a South Carolina Represetitive. Brad Collins and Stephen Scoff were generous enough to accept nominations, but neither were able to make the meeting to campaign for popular support. We will post a poll in the forum section of the website to help decide the nominee for the South Carolina Position.
On Sunday morning, Jim Horton presented Anthony Love with a check for the Asheboro lease Payment for 2010. Thanks to the Jim and Chad and the TCB for taking care of business for us once again this year!